Books in '15 | Your Dreams Are Mine Now

Your Dreams Are Mine Now Your Dreams Are Mine Now by Ravinder Singh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The girl died few days later. But did she? Wasn't she already dead, save for her body breathing. Being a male, somehow, makes me guilty, for all those crimes against women. And not for a moment will I consider myself or any other male for that matter innocent enough, that he is not capable of committing this heinous crime. It should be etched in every man's mind: He's always beastly enough to consider doing it, but human enough to never do it. Accept the beast that is you, and also tame it.

I'm not a big fan of the author. Nor is this book a literary genius. The first 100 pages are just to make the book look thick enough for a novel. Only the last 60 pages was worth something. It's as if the author wrote a draft and divided it into a gripping prologue and the last 60 pages. The in-between portion was only printed pages.

Reading the prologue, I thought the book was about Nirbhaya. It was brilliant of the author to write a fiction related to real incidents. And even if it wasn't originally the case, it wouldn't matter. After all, every girl raped is a Nirbhaya. They all have the same story. They all have: dreams, love, family.

Halfway through the book, romance starts building up alongside politics. But when I reached that gruesome scene, I shut my book and pondered for a while. It would have been a lot better if they just had murdered her. Thereafter, one could totally sympathise with what was written. It contained those things which crush your heart.

True love, it is, when the person you loved leaves you, you start living your life like that other person would have. Her life becomes yours, her dreams become your dreams. And that, to my mind, is meaning of the title "Your Dreams are mine now".

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE AND LIES #51 | The Three Sons

LIFE AND LIES #17 | Fancy a Haircut

LIFE AND LIES #49 | √2 is irrational