Books in '15 | The Revenge of Seven

The Revenge of Seven The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus Lore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

   Back a year and a half, after completing The Fall of Five, I was great deal disappointed that the next book in the series wasn't out yet. I was so mad.

   So today, while going through my Read books I realized that I haven't completed this series yet. I checked on the internet. and wow!! The Revenge of Seven is here.

   I think most of the story had already escaped my brain. All I recall is Eight dying at the hands of Five, an angry Seven if I remember the numbers correctly, Four having visions of some disastrous future which is somehow related to Ten.

   My copy arrived or more appropriately been downloaded. It's 4AM already. Not going to get much sleep, am I? Never mind. Time to read on.

   The Title is a bit misleading since there is hardly any revenge for Seven.

   The thing that always kept bugging me was how could enmity between two whole races be justified. Now it comes to focus that it's an outcome of one person (Setrakus Ra) meddling with the way things were. It's not possible for an entire race to be wicked just like that. People suffer on both sides, one side motivated against the tyranny and the other side manipulated by a tyrant to feed his own ego.

   Now, the thing between Sam and Six. Cute is what it is. Both feel the same about each other. Yet they are unwilling to commit in face of the war. Keeps it interesting.

   Moreover, I love the references to India. Can't help it, being an Indian. It was fascinating when, in the previous books, Eight could transform into all forms of Lord Vishnu. And never before had I realised that India would have a SWAT team, too. All this makes me feel more connected to the story.

   It's not only that the plot is marvellous. But the narrative and the conversation part too. Though some books come with a good story, they fall short of the latter parts.

   I wonder why there have been no more movies. The first movie was pretty nice; got me started with the series.

   Nearing the end, I thought the series would be over. Guess I was wrong. There's two more coming. Looks like the Loric pendants converted Earth into Lorien. And though the author finished with a hook, everyone can rightly assume that now Earthmen will have Loric legacies too. Not the ending I was hoping for. But who cares? I get to read two more books. Sadly, I have to undergo that sweet torture of waiting for the upcoming books.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE AND LIES #51 | The Three Sons

LIFE AND LIES #17 | Fancy a Haircut

LIFE AND LIES #49 | √2 is irrational