That dimple!!


Lights all around
I watch her dressed in all red
Her mehndi covered hands 
Wipe away the tears that she shed

People all around
She makes her way up to me
Forcing a smile
I fight the urge to flee

Life would have been simple
Were it not for that dimple
Those kajal coated eyes
A part of her, not a disguise

She always was a beauty
Making her smile, I considered it my duty
Why I fell for her, reasons can be many
Her eagerness for my poetry being as good as any

A thousand questions I asked, all she answered
But never asked the one that really mattered
She was such a great catch
I fell long short of being her perfect match

Never tried to make her mine
Always said to myself, I will be fine
Even after she does leave
Promised myself, I’ll not grieve


She hugs me, I hug her back
Only to let go
Every moment I stay 
Serves a severe blow

She asks me
Why do you have to go?
I say
It’s better if you do not know.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE AND LIES #51 | The Three Sons

LIFE AND LIES #17 | Fancy a Haircut

LIFE AND LIES #49 | √2 is irrational