Skip to main content

LIFE AND LIES #71 | As You Will

I have been caged

In this prison 

Of blood and bone,

With yearnings and temptations

That come and go.


Wouldn't it be nice 

If I could just live in my head,

Not in the creation of an unknown maker

Who, at times, seems sadistic,

If not powerless.


The almighty promoter of free will

Brought me into this world 

Against my own volition.

If I could, I would 

Hold the world hostage

Until He himself came to negotiate.


That He had to come to terms with me,

Break down the cage,

And set me free

From this meaningless toil and moil

For glitter and gold,

Or I would wipe the world out of existence.


My plan was in place,

But then He smiled smugly and said,

Go forth as you will,

I'll create another world,

And another you, just as easily

As I did the last time.

***

Liked what you read? Leave a comment!



Comments