LIFE AND LIES #38 | Bed Of Arrows

The Sun sets, bringing the day’s battle to a close. Bhishma Pitamah lies on a bed of arrows. One by one, the Pandavas and the Kauravas gather around him. To collect blessings. To learn one last lesson from the wise soul.

"You would have met a lot of people over the course of your life. You'll meet even more. And if you are lucky enough,” Bhishma Pitamah takes a long look at everyone, before fixing his gaze on Arjuna. “One of them will literally lay down a bed of arrows for you to sleep while you are taking your last breath. Not just that, he’ll even make you feel grateful about it. Stay away from those assholes."

"But…” Arjuna bears a perplexed look, standing beside Krishna. “I did it so that your body did not suffer the dishonour of touching the ground."

"What a truckload of bull crap is that,”
replies Bhishma. “Couldn't you have just conjured a comfortable bed from one of those magical arrows? It hurts, asshole. I wish Hawkeye were here. Might have done me some good with those trick arrows. A bean bag or something.”

Krishna whispers something to Arjuna.

"At least, now you can go back to being an immortal Deva,” says Arjuna. “Chill!"

“Sure, I’ll chill.”
Bhishma winces in pain as he utters some words which soon turn into a song.

Oh, there's nowhere to run
No one can save me
The damage is done
Shot through the heart
And you are to blame
But you give all Kauravas a bad name
I played my part, now you play Krishna's game
And give all Kauravas a bad name.

And slowly Bhishma closes his eyes and falls asleep. Everyone departs. Only two people remain.

Arjuna looks confused.

Krishna snaps his fingers. A joint appears which he offers to Arjuna.
Arjuna takes a puff. A feeling of dizziness fills him. And he looks dazedly at Krishna.

"Dude, your cosmic form is legit awesome."

"Yeah man, I know,”
Krishna replies, bursting with pride. “I could end this war with a snap of my fingers. But then I would have been bored again. So instead I made a deal with Netflix. They have paid me immensely to milk out ten seasons worth of content out of this ‘would-have-been-a-regular-joint-family-household-conflict-if-it-weren’t-for-me’ clash between the Pandavas and the Kauravas."

"Say what now,”
replies a stoned Arjuna.

“Nothing,” Krishna brushes him off. “Victory of Dharma over Adharma, and all that.”

“Cool.”

***

Based on a dream I had. Not intended as blasphemy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE AND LIES #51 | The Three Sons

LIFE AND LIES #17 | Fancy a Haircut

LIFE AND LIES #49 | √2 is irrational