Books in '18 | The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck - Mark Manson

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good LifeThe Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I may have enjoyed this book more than others because they were many methods/way of life elaborated in the book that I was already following. That way the book became more relatable.

For instance: "With responsibility comes great power." I have been unknowingly doing this all my life, taking responsibility for my actions, worrying about what I did wrong than shifting blames on others.

Another relatable thing was: all of us see our friends performing on stage, nailing their band performance and visualize ourselves doing the same. I do, too. But I also am aware of the fact that I'm never going to put any effort in mastering an instrument, forming a band and practising for hours. I am honest about it to myself. Same goes for our professional life. I observe my classmates in awe of my friend who landed an investment banking job. At that moment, all the awe being reflected everywhere, I wish to become an investment banker, too. Though, the realization soon follows. I wanted the awe and admiration that came with the job. I never wanted the job itself. Also, I'll never subject myself to the rigour associated with the job.

One more: That Picasso thing about 'honest expression'
Even after becoming such a famous artist pursuing his passion for so many years, he still draws a sketch on a napkin with that same interest. I don't think there's a better way to live your life.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE AND LIES #51 | The Three Sons

LIFE AND LIES #17 | Fancy a Haircut

LIFE AND LIES #49 | √2 is irrational