Books in '18 | Hyperbole and a Half - Allie Brosh

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That HappenedHyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked up this book because one of my friends recommended it as 'one of the most humorous books of all time'. And I am glad that I did.

The author takes you along on a journey of her own life where she devises various coping mechanisms to deal with procrastination, motivation, depression, shame and fear. And all the while, you'll feel like you're reading your own version. She makes everything relatable in her own humorous way be it dealing with your pet, your parents, your past life or the conundrums of your daily life.

I loved the concluding part. It lay emphasis on the fact that trying matters. No matter how negatively opined you are about yourself, the important thing is to focus on acting like a better person. It's important to acknowledge your shitty parts but that doesn't mean you can't be a good person. Acting might feel like tricking yourself but it is a nice thing to do.

The first thing I did after finishing the book was bookmarking the author's blog. I couldn't add the blog to my Reading List coz the author had already reached the maximum number of followers.
Good going, Allie!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE AND LIES #51 | The Three Sons

LIFE AND LIES #17 | Fancy a Haircut

LIFE AND LIES #49 | √2 is irrational