IIFT Diaries #103: Life of a bouquet

I am a bouquet
My life began yesterday

Gathering all sorts of flowers, the florist could get
I was brought to life at the SDA market

Piece by piece and part by part
These flowers became a part of my heart

Held together by a harmonious string
I was excited about life and the adventures it would bring




Brought to the stage, enclosed in a silver wrapping
I felt overjoyed seeing all the people clapping

Flaunting reputed companies’ logos, stood a tall banner
Under it sat dignitaries in a sophisticated manner

Now, before I could have a chance
To take another glance

In a brief rush of moments, I exchanged hands
Then left forgotten in some forsaken lands




Stood beside me two acquaintances, I had just made
A bottle of Kinley and a bottle of Minute Maid

Such a huge crowd who would not adore
But these two remained indifferent to all the galore

They say it’s nothing new they are witnessing
It’s in their JD to be part of such a gathering




On and on, the Trade Winds blew
Lulling everyone to sleep, barring a few

Then the people dispersed for a tea that was high
And I was left behind under the hexagonal sky

For who does care, about an ordinary bouquet
Will be replaced by another, the coming day!!





Thanks for your time, guys!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE AND LIES #51 | The Three Sons

LIFE AND LIES #17 | Fancy a Haircut

LIFE AND LIES #49 | √2 is irrational