IIFT Diaries #101


Every day, same fight
Trying again with all my might

To avoid any sleep
During the lecture of Mr. Jaydeep

One slide comes, another slide goes
What you speak seems verbose

The words you highlight
Are they not spelled right

Nothing seems familiar, it’s all international
But we all love you, Mr. Singhal


Miss Symss, you are so full of credit
But I don’t understand one bit of it

When you teach, my headlight dims
In a pool of dark water, my dead brain swims


Miss Ruppal, the way you go
Speaking in one flow

I wonder if you breathe
Or you are a sword forever out of its sheathe


Miss Parul, when you say, ‘right’
Your eyes shine bright

Then your forehead folds into a crease
And out of your mouth comes, ‘QUIET PLEASE’


Tick tick tick
Bring me a stick

Hush hush hush
Sir please elaborate, don’t you rush

Has it been a day or a week
Mr. Das, time stands still when you speak

Your lecture sounds like a lullaby
I understand nothing, everything goes by

Now Sameer has a doubt
Do tell me what it is about

Always so serious, why are you Vikram
Bring along some whiskey and a little rum


A thousand affirming ‘Yes’es
I uttered in my classes

Many times I nodded
While somebody else responded

Then I realise, I am being shaken
And Chan muttering, ‘Manish, wake up!! The attendance is about to be taken’

(To be continued......)


Do leave a comment, if you liked the poem!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE AND LIES #51 | The Three Sons

LIFE AND LIES #17 | Fancy a Haircut

LIFE AND LIES #49 | √2 is irrational